A Father’s Experience with Birth Trauma
Bart Blaylock, a registered nurse and TriWest regional director, experienced trauma while assisting in the delivery room during his son’s difficult birth. Experiences are real, he explains. And any traumatic event may produce severe, lasting stress reactions. Hear his story of recognizing stress triggers – then navigating a path forward.
- Traumatic Birth Prevention & Resource Guide
- Peer Support Programs for New Parents
- Make Birth Better Video and Resources
- Article for Parents on Getting Support
- Postpartum Support International Resources for Parents
- Postpartum Support International Help Resources for Dads
- The National Maternal Mental Health Hotline
Check Out More Inspiring Stories
After losing his parents in a mass shooting, a TriWest employee's long road to recovery began with creating a path forward.
TriWest employee was shot multiple times while shopping. She shares her story of healing and the importance of mental health care.
Army Veteran recounts when he realized the severity of his mental health struggles and shares his journey to mental wellness.
An Army Veteran struggling in silence was aided by his caregiver wife, who wanted him to not just live, but to live well.