After your service, you may face unique challenges when it comes to doing your job or finding employment. Veterans bring unique skills to the workplace, but reintegration to life and work outside the military can be tough, especially if you’re dealing with bosses or colleagues who seem insensitive to or unfamiliar with your situation.
There are options to help you transition into the next stage of your career.
- Veteran Readiness and Employment program: Provides five support-and-services tracks to help you get education or training, find and keep a job, and live as independently as possible.
- Personalized Career Planning and Guidance (PCPG) program: Offers free educational and career counseling, resume support, and help finding a training program or job.
- Transition Assistance Program (TAP) briefing: Helps you explore career options while transitioning.
- Veteran Rapid Retraining Assistance Program (VRRAP): Offers education and training for high-demand jobs to Veterans who are unemployed because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Compensated Work Therapy (CWT): Provides support to Veterans living with mental illness or physical impairment with barriers to employment to secure and maintain community-based competitive employment.
- Veterans Employment Toolkit: Offers advice and resources for Veterans entering the civilian workforce.
- Asian American, Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islander (AANHPI) Special Emphasis Program: Develops and implements strategies to identify potential employment barriers in the areas of recruitment, hiring, promotion, career development, and retention affecting the full participation of all race, ethnicity, and gender groups in VA’s workforce.
More Career Resources:
- Make the Connection: Listen to other Veterans’ stories of rejoining civilian life.
- Vocational rehab: Check your eligibility if you have a service-connected disability that limits your ability to work.
- GI Bill: Explore the education benefits that can help you pay your tuition, pick out a school, choose a career, and more.
Once you’ve chosen your career path, consider working for TriWest. We’re always looking for qualified Veteran candidates to join our team!