We have the honor of working with you to help ensure our nation’s Veterans receive the quality health care they deserve. Hepatitis C has become more treatable with the availability of new medication. These medications have higher efficacy, are more tolerable and have greater ease of use to cure infection and reduce the risk of cirrhosis and hepatocellular cancer. VA has approved the Veterans Choice Program to provide Hepatitis C care for Veterans that are unable to obtain this care from a VA medical facility.
Please click the links below to download Hepatitis C resources provided by VA.
- The Hepatitis C Virus (HCV) Fact Sheet for Veterans Choice Program (VCP) for both VA and Choice Providers
- HCV Treatment Options document provides a summary table of recommended HCV treatment regimens and duration based on genotype, treatment experience and presence or absence of advanced liver disease/cirrhosis
- Recommended HCV Monitoring document provides recommended guidance for on-treatment laboratory monitoring
- HCV Treatment Care Coordination Plan for VCP - Frequently Asked Questions for Veteran Choice Providers
- HCV Treatment Care Coordination Plan for VCP - Frequently Asked Questions for VA Patients